Interns at FasterCures will engage in various projects, including both short- and long-term assignments. Ideal candidates should be interested in one or more of the following: health, medical research, patient advocacy, or science policy. Interns will work with other team members to support the daily operations of the organization and its programs, assist with preparation and logistical support of FasterCures events, and develop special projects, as assigned.
- Provide general administrative support, including answering phones, welcoming guests, and assisting with the daily operations of the organization
- Conduct desktop research for FasterCures staff to support the Patients Count and Collaboration 2.0 programs
- Monitor the work of patient advocacy organizations and other stakeholders in the biomedical ecosystem
- Summarize relevant articles and events, tracking trends and topics in biomedical R&D and attending local events (as needed)
- Produce written materials (e.g. blogs, web material, internal memos, etc.)
- Assist in logistics and content planning for events
- Other duties as assigned
- Highly organized, follows deadlines, and detail-oriented
- Ability to adapt to evolving responsibilities and manage multiple priorities
- Takes initiative and can manage own workload
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys learning and learns quickly
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- High school diploma and some college required
This internship is a paid opportunity. Candidates should have availability to work a minimum of 15-20 hours per week with at least one full day available. Full-time candidates will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The FasterCures internship program aims to provide opportunities for you to explore new interests, gain skills, and build your work experience, in addition to helping FasterCures in our mission. We are committed to making this an enriching experience. If there are specific skill sets or topics that you are interested in, please reference those in your cover letter.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé using our online application. Applicants will be assessed on a rolling basis.