Intern, Events and Operations
Internships at FasterCures will engage interns in various projects, including both short- and long-term assignments. Interns will work with other team members to support the daily operations of the organization and its programs, assist with preparation and logistical support of FasterCures events, and develop special projects, as assigned.
- Provide general administrative support, including answering phones, welcoming guests, and assisting with the daily operations of the organization
- Assist in logistics and content planning for events
- Conduct desktop research for FasterCures staff to support the Patients Count and Collaboration 2.0 programs
- Monitor the work of patient advocacy organizations involved in TRAIN and other stakeholders in the biomedical ecosystem
- Summarize relevant articles and events, suggesting possible opportunities for FasterCures to elevate its profile
- Other duties as assigned
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Follows deadlines and successfully juggles multiple tasks
- Takes initiative and can manage own workload
- Works both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- High school diploma and some college required
The ideal candidate is looking to gain office and event coordination experience in a small, nonprofit setting. This is a paid opportunity.
The FasterCures internship program aims to provide the opportunity for you to explore new interests, gain skills, and build your work experience, in addition to helping FasterCures in our mission. We are committed to making this an enriching experience. If there are specific skill sets or topics that you are interested in, please reference those in your cover letter.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume using our online application. Applicants will be assessed on a rolling basis.