Philanthropy Advisory Service
PAS counsels philanthropists, family offices, wealth advisors, and foundations on how best to make strategic and informed investments biomedical research.
Who we are
We provide comprehensive, digestible information that helps philanthropists evaluate research efforts and funding opportunities in various disease areas. Scientific advisory boards, in-depth due diligence, and an objective framework for evaluation shape our analysis. With input from leading experts, we design custom offerings to assist both new and experienced philanthropic stakeholders.
How we work
We offer a range of services that empower philanthropists with the actionable information to make impactful philanthropic investment in research. These offerings include private R&D education sessions, disease landscapes to identify funding gaps and unmet needs, evaluation of investment opportunities. We assemble world-renowned scientific advisory groups to ensure our resources are on point and transformative.
PAS engagements have led to:
- new clinical trial options for patients with glioblastoma multiforme
- large scale genetic sequencing to identify new targets for advanced colorectal cancer
- an accelerated plan to adapt immunotherapy strategies in melanoma to other cancers
- new research collaborations and international partnerships
- 4/9/14 – Philanthropy News Digest: Benioffs Give $100 Million to UCSF Children’s Hospitals
- 4/8/14 – Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation Press Release: Four Paraplegic Men Voluntarily Move Their Legs, an "Unprecedented Breakthrough" for Paralysis Community
- 4/7/14 – Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center News: Bezos family donates $20 million to Fred Hutch to develop therapies that ‘melt’ cancer
- 3/15/14 - New York Times: Billionaires With Big Ideas Are Privatizing American Science
- 3/13/14 – Philanthropy News Digest: UC Davis Receives $1 Million Keck Foundation Grant
- 2/20/14 – Bloomberg: JPMorgan Dad Starts Biotech in Muscular Dystrophy Quest
- 2/26/14 - Stanford Social Innovation Review: Assessing Funders’ Performance: Five Easy Tools
- 2/10/14 – New York Times: Family Foundations Let Affluent Leave a Legacy
- 2/6/14 - Wall Street Journal: James Piereson: What Bill Gates Won't Tell You About Giving Money Away
- 1/28/14 – Wall Street Journal: Cancer Fight Steps Up in New York City
- 1/13/14 – USC News: $50 million gift funds convergent bioscience research at USC
- 1/6/14 – USA Today: Six cancer centers to share $540 million research gift